Our Building

 

The building that houses our museum is a sturdy brick and stone structure, one of the few remaining examples of classic Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, with most of it’s original hardwood floors, wainscoting, and tin-plate ceilings still in place. The building was boarded-up and threatened with demolition in 1991, but the City of Kalispell renovated the structure at a cost of 2.4 million dollars, and since late 1999, has leased it to the Northwest Montana Historical Society for exhibits, performances, and community meetings. We house the most extensive local history museum in Northwest Montana.

 

Museum with new sign
Museum with new sign
Museum-1894-just-completed-1024x744
Central School as just completed in 1894

Copyright Paul Spade
Copyright Paul Spade